The EMS standard lays down specific requirements for establishing an organization’s environmental management system and provides a systematic framework for identifying practices and procedures targeting natural resource conservation and efficient utilization, including environmental protection, pollution prevention, waste minimization, as well as a reduction in energy and materials consumption. Its updated version in 2015 warrants an organizations’ intent towards environmental consciousness and reiterates its stakeholders about the entity’s sensitivity towards sustainability principles, including the adoption of a circular economy approach for sustainable development. Currently, there are more than 300,000 companies worldwide certifying their processes to EMS standards spread across 171 countries.
Why ISO 14001 Certification?
Endorsing EMS standard for its operations, an organization can provide reasonable assurance to their key stakeholders, including shareholders, employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured, monitored and continually improved. Following additional benefits can be accrued with adoption of EMS
Resource conservation and better profit margins: EMS standard helps an organization to identify opportunities for efficiency improvement, reducing resource consumption, and recycling waste generation from a business’s operations, thus improving profitability.
- Compliance: EMS also helps organizations demonstrate compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Stakeholder confidence: EMS standard provides better leadership involvement and enhanced engagement of employees, thus affirming stakeholders’ confidence in achieving strategic business goals.
- Competitive advantage: EMS standard helps build an organization’s repute towards environmental consciousness and provides a competitive advantage for the firm
- Supply Chain Management: EMS standard also encourages the better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems. This ensures smoother operations for an organization without risks of supply chain disruption.
- Need Answers for the following or others:
How do I get ISO certification in Egypt?
PETROCAP is Best ISO Certification Consulting Company in Egypt